Thursday, August 26, 2010

I Got It!

Roger from Cycle Solutions dropped off my bike today. The first thing I did was swap the saddle to a Brooks. Then I took it out for a quick spin around the block. After some minor adjustments, the bike rides like a big old Cadillac. I love it!


I immediately noticed the weight. This bike is heavy tipping the scales at 19+ kg. I don't mind though.  It can weigh 30kg for all I care.  It just makes the bike feel more solid. As if nothing can throw you off course. Just point your wheel where you want to go and plow though.


Something else I noticed. Even though it's a step though frame, I catch myself throwing my leg over the seat to get on the bike 99% of the time. I should put those old milk crate baskets on the rear rack stacked 3 high. I'll start stepping though for sure. ; )

2 comments: