Tuesday, November 8, 2011

OURY Mountain Grips

I just installed a pair of red OURY grips.  They feel great with or without gloves.


Both grips were kept at standard length.  Shifting feels the same even with the extra length.




I cleaned the handlebar with Windex and used rubbing alcohol to install the grips.  I put a nickel in each grip to act as bar end caps.  That should prevent the handlebar from punching a hole through the grip.


UPDATE NOVEMBER 17, 2011: The combination of these grips and the Misfit Psycles FME bar gives me a lot more knee/handlebar clearance for those super tight, slow speed turns.

UPDATE NOVEMBER 29, 2011: I left out two points that may help prevent the grips from twisting.
  • I wrapped the ends of my handlebar with 4 revolutions of duct tape (just the width of the tape) to make it a little thicker.  
  • The handlebar ends stick pass the grip a bit.  You can see it a bit on the 3'rd picture on this post.
UPDATE MARCH 7, 2012:  The grips never twisted on me during riding.  Twisting is a common complaint for slip on grips.  I really think the duct tape helps.  

No comments:

Post a Comment