Wednesday, November 23, 2011

PDW Bar-Ista

I got my Portland Design Works Bar-Ista cup holder from Mountain Equipment Co-Op.  There is free shipping till December 7.


Installation is straight forward.  Just fit it over the handlebar and tighten it with a 4mm allen (hex) key.  I set mine in front of the handlebar.  Mounting it the other way takes up precious real estate that makes hopping on and off the bike weird.


I picked up a Eco2 cup at Walmart.  I trimmed the band so it can sit lower in the holder. Now I can ride with a hot cup of Ovaltine (I love that stuff).  Just in time too.  It's getting pretty cold these days.

UPDATE DECEMBER 1, 2011: This setup works great.  The cup never flew out, and it keeps my drink hot/warm.  Just make sure the cup is screwed on, and the flap is closed. Occasionally, a bit of Ovaltine manages to splash out when I hit a bump at speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment